The Features and Performance of Butterfly Valve
Jan 18,2023Read More
A knife gate valve is a shut-off valve, which means that it is used to start and stop the flow through a pipeline. It is mainly used in fluid-based applications and settings, especially those that involve a dense material. The “knife” blade that is built in the valve uses its sharp edges to cut through tough or sticky material. The knife gate valve uses a pressure drop function to achieve this function and stop the flow when required. This makes sure that the valve’s sealing is not compromised due to the material being stuck between its components. It also ensures that any excess material is not creating any cleanliness issues for your valve.
Due to their specialty against thick liquids, knife gate valves are highly sought after in industries that deal with viscous materials. These sectors use knife gate valves for shut-off in processing plants or material transfer systems. This aspect helps cut maintenance costs and ensures that you do not have to deal with sludge or blockage issues in your valves. Knife gate valves are specifically useful for those applications that deal with a hard-to-clean material. For instance, some materials that regularly utilize knife gate valves include slurry, wastewater, or food items. Other settings that involve corrosive materials also use these valves as their primary solution.
As one of the most professional knife gate valve suppliers in China, Mstnland offers three kinds of knife gate valve for customers to choose from.
Compared with ordinary gate valve, the structure of knife gate valve is simple. The opening and closing part is the gate, and the movement direction of the gate is perpendicular to the direction of the fluid. It is small in size, flexible in operation and easy to install. It is more suitable for medium with high consistency and solid particles. From its name, we can see that the knife gate valve mainly relies on the blade-shaped gate to cut off the medium. The gate has two sealing surfaces forming a wedge shape. The gate can be made into an integral rigid gate; it can also be made into an elastic gate that can produce a small amount of deformation and improve the sealing performance from the process. To sum up, the knife gate valve mainly highlights the following advantages compared with ordinary gate valves:
1. The U-shaped gasket has a good sealing effect.
2. Full-bore design, so that the medium can pass through. At the same time, it is easy to install, disassemble, and maintain under the condition of dirty medium, and the sealing part of the valve can be replaced without removing the valve, which makes the maintenance of the valve easier.
3. The gate with gate knife function has good gate breaking effect, can effectively cut off all kinds of sundries in the medium, and deal with the leakage problem after gate breaking of media containing blocks, particles and fibers.
4. Knife gate valve's ultra-short structure length, small volume, small flow resistance, light weight, material saving and small effective space occupation.
Although the price of knife gate valve is about 20% higher than that of ordinary gate valve, its better performance has been generally recognized by the market. Through decades of research and production of valve technology, Mstnland, as one of the most professional knife gate valve suppliers in China, has senior production experience and advanced technical level, and has a formal and modern production base. We have stably provided a large number of knife gate valves for the market, and enjoyed a good reputation.
1. Before installing the knife gate valve, check the valve cavity and the sealing surface, and do not allow dirt or sand to adhere;
2. The bolts of each connecting part should be tightened evenly;
3. Check that the packing part is required to be pressed tightly, not only to ensure the sealing of the packing, but also to ensure the flexible opening of the gate;
4. Before installing the knife gate valve, the user must check the valve model, connection size and pay attention to the flow direction of the medium to ensure the consistency with the valve requirements;
5. When installing the knife gate valve, the user must reserve the necessary space for the valve drive;
6. The wiring of the drive device must be carried out according to the wiring diagram;
7. The knife gate valve must be maintained regularly, and must not be bumped and squeezed at will, so as not to affect the sealing.
Start Your Partnership With MstnLandGet Valve Price