Ascending Efficiency: Rising Stem Valves in Critical Process Control
Nov 21,2023Read More
Butterfly valve is mainly used in the pipeline for shutting off and throttling. This article will explain the features and performance of butterfly valve in detail.
What are the advantages of butterfly valves?
The advantages of butterfly valves are as follows:
1. Easy and quick opening and closing. Small fluid resistance. It can be frequently operated.
2. Simple structure, small size, and lightweight.
3. It can transmit mud, and has the least amount of liquid accumulated at the outlet of the pipeline.
4. Under low pressure, good sealing can be achieved.
5. Good regulating performance.
What are the shortcomings of butterfly valves?
The shortcomings of the butterfly valve are as follows:
1. The range of operating pressure and temperature is small.
2. Poor sealing.
What are the types of butterfly valves?
According to the structural type, butterfly valve can be divided into bias plate, vertical plate, inclined plate and lever. According to the sealing type, it can be divided into soft-sealing and hard sealing. Rubber ring sealing is usually used in soft-sealing types. Metal ring sealing is usually used in heat sealing types. According to the connection type, it can be divided into flange connection and clamp connection. According to the transmission type, it can be divided into manual, gear transmission, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric types.
Early use of butterfly valves focused on water applications but new designs and component materials have allowed them to be utilized in growing industrial fluid applications.Knowing more about the features and performance of butterfly valve,will help you to choose valve style more accurately.
Start Your Partnership With MstnLandLearn More