Process Description of Dissolved Air Flotation
May 15,2023Read More
DAF is based on a physical/chemical process and be applied widely as one of the most effective and economic ways to remove suspended solids (SS), fats, oils and grease (FOG), phosphorus (P) from industrial sewage by the generation of micro bubble. Below will introduce its working ways in detail:
1. Recycled water enters the equipment, where it is quickly mixed with compressed air.
2. The DAF mixes the air and water more than five times faster than a traditional pressure vessel, producing bubbles just 30 to 70 microns across.
3. The air/water mix is released into the rotating arm at the bottom of the clarifier, where it comes into contact with raw water.
4. Air bubbles float to the surface, capturing suspended solids before being scooped into the rotating carriage at the surface.
5. A scraper mechanism removes grit and other heavy solids from the floor of the clarifier.
6. Floated sludge is removed by skimming system, while clarified water is drawn off through the effluent channel.
7. Some of the clarified water is recycled back and used again at Step 1
MstnLand can provide skid-mounted DAF equipment with high-effective application, if you have requirement about wastewater treatment, welcome to contact us for more details.
Start Your Partnership With MstnLandLearn More