Butterfly Valve Actuation
Feb 10,2023Read More
The ball valve is a general valve with wide application. It has a large amount of consumption and fast consumption. Therefore, reasonable maintenance is very necessary. MSTN International Technologies Company believes that reasonable maintenance can not only improve work efficiency, but also reduce maintenance time and save replacement costs. In terms of the multiple uses of ball valves, we will introduce you to the repair and maintenance knowledge about the ball valve.
1. Before use, the pipe and the overflow part of the valve should be cleaned with water to prevent residual iron filings and other debris into the inner cavity.
2. When the ball valve is closed, the valve will bear pressure if there is still some medium. Before checking and repairing the ball valve, it is necessary to first close the cut-off valve in front of the ball valve and then open the parts that need to be checked. The aim is to completely release the internal pressure of the valve. For electric ball valve or pneumatic ball valve repair, the power and air supply should be disconnected first.
3. In general, soft-sealing ball valves all use PTFE as the sealing material, and sealing surfaces of hard-sealing ball valves are made of metal. If the ball valve of the pipe needs to be cleaned, it should be careful to prevent damage to the sealing ring and leakage during disassembling.
4. When disassembling the flange cast steel ball valves, the bolts and nuts on the flange should be firm first. Then, all the nuts should be tightened slightly and firmed. If the individual nuts are firmed first and then other nuts are tightened, the flange surfaces will be damaged or broken due to uneven force, resulting in the leakage of the medium out of the valve flange.
5. When cleaning the valve, the solvent used must not corrode with the parts to be cleaned. For gas ball valves, gasoline can be used for cleaning. Other parts are usually cleaned with water. It is necessary to thoroughly wash away the remaining dust, oil and other attachments. If it cannot be cleaned with water, it can be cleaned with alcohol and other detergents without damaging valves and parts. After cleaning is completed, it is needed to wait for the detergent to evaporate completely before using.
6. If there are tiny leaks in the packing during use, the stem nut can be tightened slightly until the leak is stopped. However, no further tightening is allowed.
7. Long-term storage in the open air will cause corrosion of valves and parts so that they cannot be used normally. For the storage of ball valves, it should be rainproof, waterproof and moisture-proof, and the flange cover should be tightly covered. For the storage of valves more than 12 months of use, they should be re-tested before use to ensure stable performance.
Start Your Partnership With MstnLandLearn More